Dear Henry-Senachwine Families:
The District is seeking feedback to assist in the allocation of its ESSER III funding.
Overview of ESSER III Funding for Schools:
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Illinois school districts have been awarded federal funding in three phases through the Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund (ESSER I, ESSER II, and ESSER III).
Schools can use ESSER III funds to address students’ learning loss, students’ academic, social, and emotional needs, and address the impact of COVID-19 on underrepresented groups. The funds can also be used for staffing and to support the reopening and operation of school facilities to maintain the health and safety of students, educators, and staff.
The current District spending plan framework allocates ESSER III funds in the following areas:
1. Summer school programming to address learning loss.
2. After school tutoring programs to address learning loss.
3. Summer school programs to provide enrichment for students.
4. Social work services for students.
5. Technology - purchase of Chromebooks for student use.
6. Regional Office of Education #35 truancy & social emotional learning program.
7. HVAC/Air Conditioning Project at HSGS/JH to improve air quality & efficiency.
You can provide us feedback to assist the District in targeting the $953,922 in ESSER III funding by submitting your comments through the survey link: https://forms.gle/RUSnRNnZ4crd...
Dr. Michael Miller