Henry-Senachwine C.U.S.D. #5
Regular Board Meeting Agenda
Henry-Senachwine High School Cafeteria
Wednesday, February 16, 2022 7:00 p.m.
I. Call to Order
II. Roll Call: Lori DeWeerth, James Downey, Angela Earles, Jeremy Kiesewetter, Mary Jo Klein, Melissa Thompson, and Randy Witko
III. Approve Agenda
IV. Special Reports/Recognition of Guest
4.01 January Student of the Month
4.02 February Student of the Month
4.03 Thank You Card
4.04 Public Participation
The complete Board Policy (2:230) regarding public participation at board meetings and petitions to the Board is located at the conclusion of this Board agenda or on the District website at www.hscud5.org.
Individuals requesting to address the Henry-Senachwine School Board should do so in writing. Requests should be submitted to the Superintendent by 12:00 p.m., one day prior to the regularly scheduled meeting. The petitioner's name, phone number and issue(s) to be discussed must be stated in the request.
Requests to address the Board can be made via mail, email, or delivered to:
Dr. Michael Miller, Superintendent
Henry-Senachwine School District #5
1023 College Street, Henry, Illinois 61537
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
V. Consent Agenda
5.01 Approve January 19, 2022 - Regular Board Meeting Minutes
5.02 Approve February 2, 2022 – Special Board Meeting Minutes
5.03 Approve BMP Bills and Payroll
5.04 Approve Assistant HSHS Baseball Coach Resignation
5.05 Employ HSJH Girls’ Track & Field Coach
5.06 Employ BMP Part-Time School Social Worker
5.07 Employ Assistant HSHS Baseball Coach
5.08 Approve HSHS & HSJH Graduation Dates
VI. Action Items
6.01 Bills, Payroll and Financial Information
6.02 Approve Travel Expense Reimbursements
6.03 Approve TRS Supplemental Savings Plan Resolution & Participation Agreement
6.04 Approve Auditor Contract
VII. Board Reports/Requests/Articles
VIII. Principals’ Reports
8.01 Dr. Nelson
8.02 Dr. Hill
IX. Superintendent’s Report
9.01 IASB Spring Meeting – March 9, 2022
9.02 IASB New School Laws – 2022
9.03 School Calendar 2022-2023
X. Discussion Items
10.01 COVID Mitigations
10.02 District Maintenance Study and Facility Planning
XI. Executive Session
11.01 The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body, including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged against an employee to determine its validity. 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1).
11.02 Litigation, when an action against, affecting, or on behalf of the particular public body has been filed and is pending before the court or administrative tribunal, or when the public body finds that an action is probable or imminent. 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(11).
Next Meeting: March 16, 2022
BOARD OF EDUCATION
2:230 Public Participation at Board of Education Meetings and Petitions to the Board
For an overall minimum of 30 minutes during each regular and special open meeting, any person may comment to or ask questions of the Board (public participation), subject to the reasonable constraints established and recorded in this policy’s guidelines below. During public participation, there will be a 20-minute minimum total length of time for any one subject. When public participation takes less time than these minimums, it shall end.
To preserve sufficient time for the Board to conduct its business, any person appearing before the Board is expected to follow these guidelines:
1. Individuals requesting to address the Henry-Senachwine School Board should do so in writing. It should be submitted to the Superintendent by 12:00 P.M. (noon) one (1) day prior to the regularly scheduled meetings, which typically would be the Tuesday prior to the third Wednesday of each month. Each individual wishing to address the board should submit their own letter of request.
2. The petitioner's name, phone number and issue(s) to be discussed must be stated in the request. In cases concerning a complaint, it may need to be referred to the individual or source of the problem and work its way through the chain of command prior to addressing the board.
3. The Superintendent or Board President will grant or deny requests promptly.
4. Because all public meetings of the Board of Education are made a matter of public record, each speaker, when recognized by the President, shall give his or her name and announce the general subject before presenting. Comments will be limited to five minutes.
5. Observe, when necessary and appropriate, the:
a. Shortening of the time for each person to address the Board during public participation to conserve time and give the maximum number of people an opportunity to speak;
b. Expansion of the overall minimum of 30 minutes for public participation and/or the 20-minute minimum total length of time for any one subject; and/or
c. Determination of procedural matters regarding public participation not otherwise covered in Board policy.
6. The Board President retains the authority to determine procedural matters regarding public participation not otherwise defined in School Board policy and deviate when necessary.
Petitions or written correspondence to the Board shall be presented to the Board in the next regular Board packet.