School Reopening Plan - Tentative
Henry-Senachwine School District 2020-2021 School Reopening Plan - Tentative
Dear Henry-Senachwine Families:
Last week we compiled survey results and information to better understand the preferences of our school community as it relates to our return to school this coming Fall. In summary, based on the parent survey, approximately 79% of respondents preferred some form of in-person learning as a first choice, with 51% preferring a full return, 17% preferring 11:30 dismissal with some remote learning, and 11% preferring A-day/B-day format. 18% of respondents preferred remote learning as a first choice. We have also been meeting as a staff to further develop our return to school plan. With the health and safety of our students and staff remaining the top priority, our goal is to return to in-person learning as much as possible.
Please understand that our reopening plan is tentative and is subject to change based on guidance from the Illinois State Board of Education and the Illinois Department of Public Health. We intend to have a final plan formally approved the week of July 27.
Tentative School Reopening Plan Overview
1. The start of the school year will be moved back one-week for teachers/staff and two-weeks for students.
August 24 – August 28 Only Teachers/Staff Return – Institute & Training
August 31 Students’ First Day
2. For the first 2 weeks, students will attend in-person, 5 days a week, from 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. with some remote learning in the afternoon.
August 31 – September 4 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. dismissal
September 7 – Labor Day (No School)
September 8 – September 11 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. dismissal
3. Beginning the week of September 14th, students will attend from 8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., 5 days a week.
4. Given social distance requirements, we anticipate changes to the Pre-K attendance schedule and Kindergarten classes divided up into morning and afternoon sessions.
5. Remote learning will be an option for those interested.
6. Temperature checks of students and staff will be required upon arrival.
7. Social distancing requirements will be observed, as much as possible.
8. Students and staff will be required to wear masks. This is a requirement of the Illinois Department of Public Health and the Illinois State Board of Education.
We will continue our planning to finalize logistics regarding building/space capacity, remote learning, transportation, food service, sanitation, and health/safety protocols. We will also provide you with updates and will survey you again to assist us in planning.
Again, given the nature of how quickly things can change based on new information and guidance from ISBE or IDPH, please be aware that our reopening plan is tentative and subject to change. We anticipate adopting a final plan the week of July 27.
We appreciate the feedback from our initial survey and look forward to your continued support of Henry-Senachwine Schools.